Our client is Biogen Italia, global leader in researching and developing meaningful sapecialistic therapies for patients worldwide. For more than two decades, Biogen has transformed the understanding and treatment of various Rare Diseases, such as Multiple Sclerosis and complex diseases in neurology, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. For the development of its Rare Diseases Field Medical Organizaziont dedicated to Spinal Muscolar Atrophy (SMA), we are seeking for:
2 Medical Scientific Liaison - Spinal Muscolar Atrophy (SMA)
Central & Southern Italy - B18139
Location: Lazio OR Campania Preferred
The MSLs primary responsibilities are to establish, develop and maintain medical scientific collaborative relationships with current and future therapeutic experts in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
and other orphan disease products in development. The MSLs disseminate high quality complex scientific information and provide innovative medical education content, generating medical insights and providing research concepts to therapeutic experts to facilitate patient management and care.
- Facilitate medical and scientific information exchange with the medical community on SMA and other orphan diseases
- Generate systematically medical insights and provide key learnings to the regional Medical team on regular basis as appropriate
- Work with Experts to develop clinical therapeutic concepts that support the advancement of the medical science within Biogen´s scientific and therapeutic area of interest
- Support the development and implementation of the internal training plan, monitor the plan and update knowledge of disease area
- Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to regional healthcare audiences aligned with central medical education programs
- Organize local/regional educational meetings with multidisciplinary participation of key stakeholders in designated area and provide key learnings to the Regional Medical team
- Support therapeutic experts in developing concepts and protocols for Stringet Regulatory Authorities registries that support orphan drug therapies
- Work with local patient organizations in collaboration with Regional Public Affairs to educate about the disease area and advances in patient care
- Develops reports /summary slide decks of important national congresses
- Supports field commercial and corporate account efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information supporting therapeutic decisions in patient care
- Provision of medical information including responses to unsolicited off-label questions and questions regarding new indications and future development products
- Support appropriate screening processes to identify potential investigators for Biogen initiated clinical trials, collaborate with clinical trial groups to evaluate requests and assess center capacity for clinical studies.
- Medical or scientific qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical role in industry
- MSL experience for at least 3 years
- Ideally, medical/scientific experience in rare diseases
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and compliance environment
- Matrix management experience with the Regional Office and other key functions in Europe
- Strong customer orientation, science based
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English and Italian language
- Willingness to travel as it is a field-based role
- Ability to develop strong level of engagement.
Human Value si occupa di attività di Executive Search & Selection (Aut. Min. 7895).
Human Value garantisce la pari opportunità (L. 903/77). Gli interessati sono invitati a consultare sul sito www.humanvalue.it l’informativa relativa al trattamento dei dati personali (art. 13 D.Lgs 196/03). I consulenti Human Value affiancano ogni giorno, con passione e spirito innovativo, i talenti del top e middle management e gli specialisti funzionali nella ricerca di un lavoro che soddisfi le loro aspettative e ne valorizzi le potenzialità, individuando le migliori opportunità offerte da importanti aziende italiane e internazionali.
Identificare, valutare e scegliere risorse di valore.