Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A., together with its affiliates (‘Gruppo Campari’), is a major player in the global beverage sector, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.
The Group was founded in 1860 and today is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry.
The Group’s portfolio, with over 50 brands, spans spirits, the core business, wines and soft drinks. Internationally-renowned brands include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, Cinzano, SKYY Vodka and Wild Turkey.
Headquartered in Sesto San Giovanni, Italy, Campari owns 16 plants and 2 wineries worldwide and has its own distribution network in 19 countries. The Group employs around 4,000 people.
The shares of the parent company, Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI - Bloomberg CPR IM), are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001.
For the European Procurement team, we are recruiting qualified candidates for the following position:
EMEA Direct Materials Buyer
Workplace. Sesto San Giovanni (Milan)
Reporting to the Regional Procurement Director, the Regional Direct Materials Buyer will be responsible for the operational procurement activity across the regional direct categories, from market and supplier evaluation through to contract award and management.
This position will focus on Packaging and Co-packing Services
The Buyer will also be required to support and strengthen the vendor management process, data analysis, spend and compliance reporting, and the roll out of new processes and policies.
- Lead or support supplier negotiations for contract creation and claims resolving
- Identify new procurement opportunities
- Implement regional supplier relationship management for respective categories
- Provide analytical support across the regional procurement department
- Identify and implement process improvements across the region
- Execute key procurement projects and support internal clients with procurement expertise
- Support business initiatives such as product innovation
- Drive and support value projects to ensure the best outcome for the Company
Skills and Qualifications Required
- University Degree
- Similar experience in complex organizations, with matrix organizations, focusing on the sourcing of direct materials, pack and /or co-pack; a previous working knowledge of the Glass category will be appreciated
- Relevant experience in leading commercial negotiations
- Track record in providing accurate analysis and reporting of relevant data to key stakeholders
- Knowledge of e-procurement tools, business systems (preferably SAP) and other analysis software packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with and influence people at all levels, collaborative and consulting approach, attention to details, project management and problem solving attitude
- English language fluency is a must and additional languages an advantage.
- The role is required to travel approximately 20% of the time.
Human Value will manage the first steps of the selection process.