The Group IT Director provides the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that create customer and/or business value. Responsibilities include influencing and directing the Company’s IT infrastructure, applications and digital evolution to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and flexibility. The Director must ensure our IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice in creating value for the company and our customers.
Main responsibilities and activities:
- Lead, develop and implement IT initiatives that enable the Company to compete more vigorously and more profitably in a constantly changing and demanding marketplace.
- Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support business and operational needs.
- Prioritize and schedule new and on-going IT projects, coordinating with managers to ensure cooperation and project execution. Assign and track projects, preparing reports to management on status and deviation of goals.
- Manage, motivate, and develop all staff within the IT group. Ensure the organizational structure is appropriate for supporting the company current and future business needs.
- Develop IT policies and procedures on a basis for ensuring consistency in standards and leveraging of common systems.
- Provide management with long term development planning strategies, research improved systems and equipment. Make proposals and negotiate services with outside providers and vendors.
- Prepare and track IT budget and costs for projects and expenditures.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for all Group WW units.