The candidate, reporting to the Area Manager Europe, will be responsible to increase the the brand image, through the development of distribution and sales among the opinion leading trade and key private collector groups in the Area of Responsibility. The position will be structured in two steps, in order to give to the candidate strong competencies to reach the company’s goals.
At the first step of his/her development process, he/she will cover the role of Brand Ambassador Europe and will be responsible to:
- Support the Italian Distribution and the non-Germanophone European Importers, in the presentation and promotion of the brand through the distribution networks, specifically with trade, opinion leaders and, where appropriate, to the end consumer
- Contribute to the implementation of the marketing plan in Italy and Europe, travelling to local markets, training distributors’ sales teams, attending trade and consumer events
- Host key trade and market OPLs visits at the Estate collaborating with the hospitality sector
- Keep updated with competitor activities in the market: how the market is responding, interesting promotions & the release of new products
- Establish solid and long-term relationships with key distributors and key accounts
At the second stage of his/her career path he/she will cover the role of Junior Area Manager. Reporting to the Area Manager Europe, he/she will responsible to:Continue the activities as Brand Ambassador and, in the same time, participate in the creation of the trade marketing action plan with the importers in line with the strategic objectives of each brand and the new vintage release calendar of Company Brand.
- Ensure the implementation of the Sales & Marketing strategies (Italy and Europe) under the direction of the Area Manager Europe with the responsibility for commercial results in designated markets
- Represent the brands during events and training programs to increase brand presence and impact.
- Control results & execution of planned activities for designated markets with monthly reporting to Area Manager Europe.
- Ensure that the importer and distributor adhere to depletion goals in accordance with the agreed sales budget and plan. Constantly challenge the local importer to ensure the brands have the best possible partner and seek to change importer when it is clear the brands do not receive the appropriate levels of attention and service, or distribution.
- Achieve maximum brand focus with distributors by defining the necessary actions.
- Provide input to the Area Manager Europe to ensure the best allocation management and distribution of all wines. Maintain and improve on the quality of the cooperation between the Brands and the distributors in the designated markets.
- Provide timely support, reporting & information for any OCM programmes